Rush Ranch was first settled in 1864 and after over a hundred years of
ranching the Solano Land trust acquired it in 1988. Volunteers and the trust
gradually restored the ranch houses to it's former state...plus some. The
2000 acre ranch straddles grasslands and brackish marsh. Most flowers erupt
in March and there is a demonstration garden. There are three
trails, each being about two miles.
Directions: From the intersection of
highways 12 and 80, go east on 12 for about 4 miles to Grizzly Island Road.
Turn right and go about 2.5 miles. Rush Ranch is on the right.
Cost: Free. Donations are appreciated.
October 5, 2007
April 3, 2008
October 16, 2008
June 3, 2010
left or right arrows to see all 6 pictures